How to Lighten Your Hair Without Bleach
Whether it’s because of the time of year, or just because it’s time for a change, it can be fun to try lightening your hair color. While there are many products on the market that are designed to do this, some of them contain harmful chemicals that could potentially damage your hair. Instead you may want to try lightening your hair using natural solutions made from products you can easily find at home or the local grocery store. Not only do these solutions not include any type of bleach (or hydrogen peroxide), they can be inexpensive to make.
- Once the tea is steeped, let it cool, then put the tea (minus 5 tablespoons) inside a spray bottle.
- Take the remaining 5 tablespoons and add them to a bottle of your regular conditioner.
- The next time you shower and wash your hair, use the pure chamomile tea as your shampoo.
- Once the ‘shampoo’ is rinsed off, apply your conditioner/tea mixture as your conditioner. Let the conditioner sit on your hair for at least a few minutes before rinsing it off.
- An alternative is to simply spray the chamomile tea onto your dry hair and then go out into the sun.
- Apply at least a couple tablespoons of olive oil to your hair.
- Allow the olive oil to soak into your hair for at least 30 minutes.
- Shampoo your hair to remove the olive oil and then style your hair as you normally would.